1. Thou must affirm the God in Thee, for every
doubt takes power from thee,
Every hour of Thy divine Knowledge brings
Thee a step higher in Thy journey.
2. Thou canst unfold the spark,
that God bestowed on Thee, to a pure flame
that makes worlds fall and rise again,
God is in Thee! - Thou art Thyself God!
3. Thus canst Thou have Gods enthroned in Thee
build alters, ignite sacrificial flames,
for every dream - and form of thought is Thy power,
and every force of desire takes a form and shape.
4. Thus art Thou the shaper of transcendental worlds,
imaginative creator of Thine own realm,
Thou art priest, magus, royal lord,
and prince in Thy soul's expanse.
5. Cypress groves stand round Thy palaces of thought
and blue waves lap at the marble steps
and ships fare out upon the seas,
for Thee, who wearest the purple.
6. The Earth is Thy sorrow that shaped the knowledge
and bitter fruits of Thy Golgotha -
And nevertheless the call rings out to Thee:
Lo! I am here!